Recombinant Proteins and Antibodies
The Recombinant Proteins and Antibodies core facility at IRIC provides state-of-the-art expertise to scientists and students at IRIC and the Université de Montréal as well as to the external scientific community for their protein chemistry research projects. More specifically, the core facility provides a medium to large-scale protein expression service/assistance from E. coli and insect cells, and produce high-quality polyclonal antibodies. The group also develops and evaluates new methods and advanced protocols for protein production and purification.
In addition, the core facility maintains a stock of bacterial and insect cell expression vectors for IRIC users, and creates, curates and makes available an in-house collection of high-quality antibodies and frequently-used proteins for biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology. The main effort of the core facility is directed towards developing time-saving efficient solutions for the research groups at IRIC.
- Protein expression in E. coli and insect cells
- Purification of recombinant proteins
- Production and purification of polyclonal antibodies from rabbit
- Curatorship of an in-house expression vector and bacterial strain collection
- Development of new vectors and protocols
- Production and curatorship of frequently used enzymes and other proteins
- Advice for establishing strategies for antibody production
- Advice for sub-cloning, protein expression and purification strategies