Pierre Thibault, Ph.D.
Awards & Honours
- Canada Research Chair in Proteomics and Bioanalytical Spectrometry, 2004–
- Outstanding Achievement Award, National Research Council of Canada, 1996
- President’s Award, National Research Council of Canada, 1987
- Postdoctoral training with Robert K. Boyd, Institute of Marine Biosciences, National Research Council of Canada, Nova Scotia, 1988-1989
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, Université de Montréal, 1988
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Cancer Society Research Institute
- Genome Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Agilent Foundation
Before joining IRIC as a founding member in 2004, Dr. Thibault directed the Protein Analysis Department at Caprion Pharmaceuticals (2001-2004). While at Caprion, he developed an important proteomics platform and bioinformatic tools to identify and quantify proteins that are differentially expressed in cancer cells in an immunotherapy program setting.
Pierre Thibault was also Research Officer with the National Research Council of Canada’s Institute of Marine Biosciences in Halifax (1990-1996) and Institute of Biological Sciences in Ottawa (1996-2002) respectively. He won the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) President’s Award for his exceptional contribution to bioanalytical mass spectrometry, as well as the NRC’s Outstanding Merit Award for his innovative work in the development of separation techniques coupled with electrospray ionization methods and their applications in protein chemistry and cell biology.