As part of a concerted effort by the Université de Montréal and the IRIC to promote their training programs and research activities in India, indian students are invited to participate to the IRIC recruitment event hold on June 16-19 2016. The selected students will benefit from a reimbursement to a maximum of $CAD 500 for a round trip airline ticket between the city of residence in India and Montréal. Also, one student will benefit for a maximum reimbursement of $CAD 1,500$.
Hotel accommodation, meals and an access card for the Montreal public transit system will also be included.
ABOUT THE 2016 IRIC STUDENT RECRUITMENT EVENT
The Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) of the Université de Montréal offers you an unique opportunity to discover the many research projects and training opportunities offered by its principal investigators during its annual student recruitment event.
The 2016 IRIC Student Recruitment Event will be held on June 16-19, 2016, at the IRIC, on the campus of the Université de Montréal, in Montreal, Canada.
The event will include:
- Visit of the IRIC laboratories and core facilities;
- Guided tour of the campus of the Université de Montréal;
- Presentation of available PhD research projects by IRIC principal investigators;
- Presentation of ongoing research projects by IRIC students;
- Presentation of graduate programs;
- A full day of one-on-one interviews with IRIC principal investigators;
- A networking session during a BBQ and a happy hour hosted by the IRIC student association;
- Dinner and activities in downtown Montreal with members of the IRIC student association.
All the activities will be offered in English.
Following the event, participants may receive a recruitment offer from one or many IRIC principal investigators, accompanied by a $21,000 per year scholarship. These offers will be valid from Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 inclusively.
TRAVEL EXPENSES, ACCOMMODATION, AND MEALS
The participant will benefit from:
- Reimbursement of airline ticket for a round trip between the city of residence in India and Montréal, Canada (to a maximum of $CAD 500 for all selected student and an additional $CAD 1,000 for one student). Please note that reimbursement requests will only be processed after the event. Reimbursements will be made by cheque and cheques will be sent to the participant’s personal address approximately 7-8 weeks after all documents and receipts have been received by the organizers;
- Hotel accommodation for June 16, 17 and 18, 2016 at the Studios Hotel of the Université de Montréal;
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner for June 17 and 18, 2016
- STM Access Card valid for 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel through the Montreal public transit system.
Thursday – June 16, 2016
Friday – June 17, 2016
Saturday – June 18, 2016
Sunday – June 19, 2016
To be eligible for the 2016 IRIC Student Recruitment Event, candidates must:
- Demonstrate strong interest in biomedical research and in undertaking graduate studies in the field of cancer research;
- Be enrolled in a M.Sc. program or have obtained a M.Sc. degree in a field related to life sciences (biotechnology, immunology, molecular and cell biology, bioinformatics) in one of the following university/institution:
– Jawaharlal Nehru University
– Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research
– Any Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
– Indian Institute of Science
– University of Mumbai
– University of Hyderabad
– Anna University
– Bharath University
– Manipal University
– Karnatak University
– Andhra University
- Have maintained a score or a cGPA in the First Class Division With Distinction.
- Be ready to start a Ph.D. program in Winter 2017, Summer 2017, or Fall 2017.
- Be fluent in English
To be considered complete, your application package must contain the following documents:
- The application form, duly completed (click here to download the application form);
- A letter of intent describing your 1) academic background and scientific interests, 2) academic and career goals, 3) reasons for wanting to participate in the event;
- The transcripts of your complete university-level academic record, including the M.Sc. and the B.Sc. (scanned documents accepted);
- Your resume;
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or others who can attest to the quality and strength of your academic achievement including, if applicable, any research experience you may have. These letters must be sent to us by email (email@example.com) directly by your referees.
You should send the application form in MS-Word format. All the additional documents have to be assembled in one PDF file. Please name your two documents as follow: LastName_FirstName and send them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed after the deadline by a selection committee composed of IRIC principal investigators. Results will be communicated to all candidates at the beginning of May 2016. The successful applicant will then receive a formal invitation with full details on the event.
MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2016, 5 PM (Eastern Standard Time; EST)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on the 2016 IRIC Student Recruitment Event, contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1(514)343-5797
For more information on why you should pursue graduate training at IRIC, click here.
For more information on IRIC research teams, click here.