On September 8th, the Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer invites you to the Cyclosportive Vélo Mag’s 53 km or 100 km circuit of the Défis du Parc. The event will allow you to ride in support of research against cancer and will crown your physical and philanthropic efforts.
RIDE FOR THE CAUSE
By cumulating the km, you support the triple mission of research, training and maturation of the Institute. The IRIC is a unique center in Canada that brings together 28 research units working in a multidisciplinary manner, 200 researchers enrolled in the master’s and doctoral programs, as well as a center for the maturation of research, focused on drug discovery. To date, nearly 2 million dollars have been raised to support the IRIC.
EVENT DETAILS AND YOUR COMMITMENT
- By choosing to ride for the cause, you agree to raise a minimum of $500 to support the IRIC.
- The MS1 fundraising platform will facilitate your philanthropic efforts.
- Your registration includes the event jersey, as well as all the services offered by the Défis du parc (entrance fees to the park, meals, timekeeping, refueling, mechanic and first aid services)
- The registration period ends on May 30th.
- Donations extend until the event.
THE PROJECT INSTIGATOR
The IRIC Great Challenges Fund Against Cancer is an initiative of Dr. Robert Patenaude. While a medical student at the Université de Montréal, Dr. Patenaude was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia—an incurable cancer at the time. While he had only a few months to live, Dr. Claude Perreault—senior researcher at the IRIC and one of the founders of the Institute—offers him a treatment at its experimental stage that will eventually cure him. After receiving one of the first bone marrow transplants in Canada and seeing the vital impact of research, Dr. Patenaude is committed to supporting research against the disease through sports. He is an emergency physician at the Honoré-Mercier hospital in Saint-Hyacinthe.
For more information :