Trang Hoang, Ph.D.
- Principal Investigator, Hematopoiesis and Leukemia research unit, IRIC
- Full Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal
- Director, Molecular Biology Programs, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal
- Accredited Member, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal
- Adjunct Member, Department of Experimental Medicine, McGill University
Research topic and relevance
Trang Hoang and her team study hematopoietic stem cells and acute forms of leukemia. Their research consists in defining how hematopoietic stem cells integrate various signals to maintain or to launch a differentiation program and how this code is disrupted in leukemia. They are particularly interested in the mechanisms that determine the generation and diversification of blood cells from a very small number of multipotent hematopoietic stem cells. The research aims to open the way for the development of leukemia treatments that are more targeted, better tolerated, and ultimately more effective.