The In Vivo Biology Core Facility offers scientific and technical expertise, veterinary support and the housing of rodents for specialized research projects requiring murine models. The core facility provides the support required to establish and maintain animal colonies as well as transgenesis, animal modelling and bioimaging services.
In collaboration with the Biopharmacy Platform of the Faculty of Pharmacy at Université de Montréal, it also offers pharmacokinetics and toxicology services for molecules with therapeutic potential.
The In Vivo Biology Core Facility is accredited by the Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC) and all animal use is approved beforehand by the Animal Experimentation Ethics Committee of the Université de Montréal.
- Housing in ventilated cages in a pathogen-free area (SPF)
- Construction of genetically modified mice
- Micro-injection of embryonic stem cells
- In vitro fertilization
- Cryopreservation of sperm
- Cryopreservation of embryos
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Toxicity studies
- Tumor regression studies in xenograft models
- Animal modelling
- Specialized surgeries
- Management of rodent colonies
- Genotyping of rodents
- Import of animals
- High sensitivity molecular optical imaging (bioluminescence and fluorescence)
- Consulting expertise for the development of experimental protocols
- User training
- Imaging system for small animals (Labeo)